Hurun’s annual rich list has finally arrived and aside from listing the richest of the rich, it had a nice little tidbit on blockchain’s billionaires.
Topping the blockchain rich list this year is Binance founder and CEO Changpeng Zhao. The 42-year-old is reportedly worth $2.6 billion, double what he had the year before.
Coming in second place is Bitmain co-founder, Ketuan Zhan. Zhan, the sole bitcoin miner on the list, had been blockchain’s wealthiest for several years until his unceremonious ouster from Bitmain. He was purportedly worth $2.7 billion in 2019. This year, it’s down to $1.6 billion.
Rounding up the top three is OKCoin founder Mingxing Xu. A newcomer on the list, Xu is reportedly worth $1.4 billion.
Here’s a complete rundown of blockchain’s six billionaires, per the Hurun Report:
- Changpeng Zhao, Binance, $2.6 billion
- Ketuan Zhan, Bitmain, $1.6 billion
- Mingxing Xu, OKCoin, $1.4 billion
- Chris Larsen, Ripple, $1.3 billion
- Leon Li, Huobi, $1.1 billion
- Brian Armstrong, Coinbase, $1 billion